Wednesday 8 March 2017

Stuck in a Blogging Bog

What to write? What to write? So far I've found the idea of blogging quite a challenge. Whilst we have set tasks which I've really enjoyed writing about (I enjoy having specific things to write about) I find it difficult to post a stream of thought style blog. I think the key may lie in not having long breaks between posts? Keeping ideas fresh and flowing can often lead to exciting discussions and discoveries.

I ask myself a set of questions whenever I sit down to write:
Am I waffling? (A habit I am aware I have)
Is this relevant?
Have I got enough sources to support and argue against what I'm saying?
Have I read enough on this topic?

It's all a bit of a minefield I suppose. I'm interested to know what inspires others to write. Perhaps this all stems from being a performer (I certainly can't gestate with my hands as if I were to 'saw the air too much') I love to read and perform words but to write them myself? Many people do say that writing is a form of performance.

A picture can be worth a thousand words - throughout my blog I've purposely tried to use images to show a clear explanation of what I'm trying to say - tie up the loose ends if you will. Presenting information in this way doesn't work for everyone, but Web 2.0 allows all types of learners to discover what is best for them. This brings me gleefully into Task 1D. A set of images which clearly shows who I am and what I do - brilliant!

I'd love to hear about what gets you inspired to blog and how you approach blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment