Tuesday 7 March 2017

Task 1C: Audio-Visual

In a recent Skype session we discussed this task and Paula mentioned some people had approached this differently, rather than just filming themselves. Seeing as I am no stranger to self taping, sitting in front of a camera and talking to the lens, I decided to try something a little different. In this short video I explain why I decided to take this course and my aspirations for what it could bring in the future and what experiences I have had so far.

I really enjoyed this task, being able to use the skills I have developed through previous education such as a Media A Level and all the lessons I was taught at drama school was important. It has showed me that although technology and times are changing somethings are fundamental to being successful at whatever you choose. Whether this be creating a video or building your own business. Your knowledge is the foundation on which it rests. I decided to use Vimeo instead of YouTube because I have found that it plays the videos in a slightly better quality.

Task 1C: Audio-Visual Jessica Dinmore BAPP Arts from Jessica Dinmore on Vimeo.

PS. Feel free to take a look at the other videos I have on there! Also, I'll admit it took a few attempts and a bit of an unusual set up! Here's a picture so you can see what I mean:




6 comments:

  1. Hi Jess
    Loved all your audio-visuals particularly "A Silent Haircut!"
    Liked the presentation choice of writing your thoughts and intentions with just text and music. I don't know how to do this so it a skill I need to acquire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess I love the way you made this task your own. Its something I would love to try myself in future audio visuals.
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess

    This is a great way of taking on this task. I initially thought to film myself and freaked out as I am not confident at talking in front of the camera! so this is an idea I could look at using to present my artefacts in audio visual way. Thankyou for sharing.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great way of completing this task! I am currently stuck in a bit of a mind blank of how to do mine, as I would like to do something a bit more creative, but my computer skills aren't the best! Really great video! Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jess, thank you for sharing. I know myself I am struggling on how to approach this task as I don't like the thought of speaking to a camera and filming myself. This has definitely got me thinking of other ways to approach this task. Loved it, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete