Monday 20 February 2017

Task 1a - Continued

To follow on from my previous post, my professional performing CV was the next one I looked at. I have not long graduated from drama school and therefore haven't had a great amount of opportunities to see how my CV is perceived. Nevertheless here is is:



The basic advice we were given was to show what the director/casting director/agency would be interested in. Basic facts such as height, race, age etc. They need to see what your castablity is and how you would fit into the role you're applying for. This is one reason for the headshot on the CV. I would never send out an application for an audition or turn up to an audition without a headshot.

During my research, I found some useful hints and tips on the Equity website (http://www.equity.org.uk/documents/cv-template/)
 


Something that I found useful from their website is that it says ' DON'T worry about not having enough to put on your CV. Employers are professional CV readers and are looking for quality not quantity' I think this is a point which is relevant for this task specifically. Both for my own profile and my CVs. The performing world is fast paced and time is short, so being able to be concise and clear on a CV is something that I will take into consideration for future developments.

2 comments:

  1. Your last paragraph has answered a small dilemma I was having in terms of the content on my CV - that we don't need to worry about not having enough to put on our CVs. It has helped me to look at my CV in a 'quality rather than quantity' way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess. You include some good tips. Things that seem obvious sometimes are easy to forget. "Quality" not "Quantity" is so true. Even better when it's both!

    ReplyDelete