Monday 6 February 2017

To Begin at the Beggining - of BAPP

A few days ago I embarked on my adventure to higher education. Taking part in my first skype call as a student of Middlesex University on their BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Arts. While sat armed with pen in hand ready to take as many notes as possible and ears open ready to absorb all the information, I couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed by the vast amounts of information I needed to take in. However, whilst I felt nervous and a bit confused at times, the skype call was unbelievably helpful and I'm sure I'm not the first (and not the last) person to feel this way. Both of the module leaders were so helpful and helped me to turn the nerves into excitement for what lies ahead. Along with the talk with the tutors and the other students, I have printed off and began to read through the handbook for module 1 and the reader. Whilst this has consisted of having to re-read in several places, I have found that making notes and jotting down ideas as I go, has helped me to understand more and encouraged me to start the first module since the skype session.

Blogging isn't necessarily new to me. I had to have several blogs for my media A Level but in a much different format. However I believe the intentions behind this blog and my previous ones are the same - to discover, reflect and share my thoughts and work.

So that is my first blog and I'm sure there will be many more to follow! I look forward to reading about everyone else's and sharing our experience of the course.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica. I am to be starting on the BAPP course also.

    Like you I also found the first Skype call very daunting but the nerves have turned to excitement and I am looking forward to starting the studying. I hope we have a successful and insightful journey on the course.

    Best wishes
    Lauren Harper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica,

    To add on to Lauren - I feel like I am on the start of an exciting and reflective journey. I am trying to view every little step as an achievement. It may feel daunting at first with all the independence - however I am feeling inspired by the openness of the course to allow our discovery and opinions to develop freely.

    Eleanor Byrne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess
    I thought as you mentioned you are interested working with children with special needs Shanna Logan (shannalogan.blogspot.co.uk) under the title Pantoland writes about her experiences and also Victoria Vickers (v.vickers.blogspot.co.uk is currently working in this environment. Hope this helps. Amanda

    ReplyDelete